Tuesday, October 29, 2013

RAW VEGAN SCRAMBLE


Today I was in the mood for some hearty lunch and thought about the scramble that I used to mix up when I needed something hearty and quick after working out and before learning. However, I remembered as well how tired I was after eating and that learning was only possible after a coffee-infusion. 
Doesn't that seem unnatural to you? Eating to fuel and having to sleep afterwards? Since I started to eat more fresh fruit and veggies, I feel fitter and this problem is history. The reason is that fruit and veggies are easier to digest than fermented food.
And why not make a raw vegan scramble that is prepared even quicker than the original one, is healthy and energizing without pulling you down?

For my basic raw vegan scramble, I mix almonds and sunflower seeds with curry powder, sea salt and some chopped herbs. Afterwards, I add fresh veggies and enjoy this creamy, rich goodness on a bed of fresh greens. You can either enjoy my recipe or vary it easily with the veggies of your choice :)

RAW VEGAN SCRAMBLE
Serves 2

1 cup almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup water
1 T curry powder
sea salt to taste

1 red bell paper
1/4 English cucumber
1 big tomato
herbs to taste, e.g. parsley, dill ...

Pulse almonds and sunflower seeds until flour. Add water and mix well (small chunks are ok). Season with curry and sea salt.
Chop red bell pepper, cucumber and tomato and mix scramble with veggies. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...