Saturday, November 30, 2013

PURE LOVE BREAKFAST BOWL


On a regular Saturday morning, I sleep in a bit, take time for myself and relax to let all stress of the week go. Afterwards, I run all errands that I didn't have time for during the week and meet up with some friends or my family. Although I have a smoothie every work day morning, on Saturdays I mostly have a breakfast bowl. Today, I made this beautiful and delicious breakfast bowl, which I call pure love breakfast bowl, because it looks so pretty and combines everything I could wish for in one breakfast.

 
This breakfast consists of a base of raw vegan caramel pudding made of bananas and dates, all my favorite autumn toppings, which are shredded almonds, dried cranberries, apple, cinnamon and vanilla, and a fruity cranberry sauce swirl. This breakfast is super satisfiying and gives you power for the rest of the day and only consists of fresh, raw fruits and nuts. You can easily add your own favorite toppings or leave out the nuts to keep it super low fat if you want. This breakfast dish tastes like a dessert and makes a great alternative to my regular smoothie. Here is what you need.


PURE LOVE BREAKFAST BOWL
Serves 1

Caramel pudding
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup pitted dates
1 t cinnamon powder
1/2 cup water

Cranberry sauce
1/3 cup raw dried cranberries
 2 pitted dates
1/4 cup water
1 t pure vanilla extract

Toppings
1/2 apple
1/3 cup shredded almonds
1/4 cup raw dried or fresh cranberries

For the caramel pudding, blend bananas, dates and cinnamon. Add water until you get a creamy pudding consistency.
For the cranberry sauce, blend cranberries, dates and vanilla. Add water until everything is mixed well.
Chop apple.
Spoon the caramel pudding into your favorite breakfast bowl, add cranberry sauce and use the end of your spoon to swirl both. Top your breakfast with apple, almonds and cranberries.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...