Monday, December 9, 2013

WINTER SMOOTHIE


Snow is falling outside my window and it is getting colder and colder. Christmas is approaching so fast and I am already in the holiday spirit. I love to decorate my apartment, plan the holidays and create new raw vegan holiday recipes. Today I have for you the recipe for my raw vegan winter smoothie. This smoothie is the perfect warming treat to snuggle up and relax and let the holiday peace into your soul. It combines all winter favorites - fresh orange juice, sweet braeburn apple, frozen peaches spiced up with ginger, cinnamon and vanilla bean. And as an added bonus made more nutritious with a handful of crunchy, hearty, delicious brazil nuts. Try this easy recipe and you will realise, there is no need for processed sweets or drinks this holiday season. This is the season of LOVE, PEACE and HEALTH :) Happy pre-holiday time to all of you. Thank you so much for your support during the last two months! I send all my love to you, wherever you are!


WINTER SMOOTHIE
Makes 32 oz

juice of two medium oranges
1 braeburn apple, chopped
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1 inch fresh ginger
1 t cinnamon powder
1/4 vanilla bean or 1 t pure vanilla extract
4-5 brazil nuts or pecans, soaked for 1 h
1 cup water

Blend all fruits, nuts and spices and add water to creamy consistency. Serve in your favorite glass and snuggle up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...