Monday, May 12, 2014

RAW VEGAN COUSCOUS


Hello to you beautiful people out there! This week has alreday begun to be an amazing one with Raw, Fit & Happy hitting the 2k mark and all the new people who joined this community. Instead of making you raw cake (I know I know..raw cake IS awesome), I give you my long promised raw couscous recipe (which is awesome by itself) and some pics from my holiday in Tunesia.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting that many new recipes in April and that was due to my wonderful holiday in Tunesia. I had a great time recharging my vitamin D tanks, breathing the fresh air, having nearly no noise level and swimming in the wide sea. Tunesia is a beautiful country with a totally different flora and fauna than Germany and I loved all the flowers, palm trees, turtles and birds. It was totally relaxing and decelerating. The people I meet had nearly nothing, but were happier than most people I meet in Germany everyday.... It was really good to see and feel again how important a calm, happy environment with fresh air, little noise and beautiful nature is. And maybe we can learn from these people a bit..possessions are not everything and happiness is no situation you should see for yourself in the future but already now. Be happy. Live life. Share your love.









Okay...for all of those who really want the couscous recipe and are already asking themselves: "what is she talking about?", I give you what you want. now.
This is the recipe for a raw vegan Tunesia-inspired couscous. It is based on cauliflower, which can be shredded into a rice /couscous like form and it tastes amazing combined with fresh fruit, veggies and herbs.



For my Tunesia-inspired couscous, I mixed my cauliflower base with a dressing made of fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, orange juice, paprika powder and turmeric and added fresh parsley, tomatoes, spring onion and juicy oranges. This is a quick, low fat, raw entree that you can enjoy by yourself or bring to a party, brunch or dinner. I love the combination of cauliflower, tomato and oranges and how savory, rich but low fat it is. 


RAW VEGAN COUSCOUS
Serves 2-3

Base
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped

Dressing
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 t paprika powder
dash of turmeric

And to mix in:
1 orange, diced
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1 large spring onion, chopped
1/3 cup of parsley, chopped

For the base, pulse cauliflower into small pieces. Set aside.
For the dressing, blend cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and orange juice with spices until creamy. Massage into cauliflower. In a bowl, combine this base with orange pieces, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped spring onion and parsley.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...